Monday, April 30, 2012

New friends?

The attempt at a new friend failed. I do have a funny story in regards to it though, I'll share in a bit. :) But, here I am, a few weeks later with my nose stuck in books. Thank you homework. It's been a fairly exciting semester though. Last week I went to AZ to a friend's wedding, thus missing 2 of the first 4 days of classes. Catch up was rough, but well worth it. In other news, I'm back to wearing slippers/sandals on campus. That was how I ended last semester because of blisters from my new dance shoes. They're so cheap, that I want to throw them away and get decent ones...but I'm so cheap, that I don't want to let that money go to waste. So, we'll see how much dancing happens this semester. but anyways, story time!

This is how awkward I am at making friends off the dance floor. I texted someone that I know from last semester, just to issue an invitation to a dance workshop. Then, a random question pops into mind and a few more texts are sent [back and forth]. Being exhausted from "catch up," and having only a limited number of texts, I called it a night. Fast forward to yesterday, and a few opportunities presented themselves for me to talk to this person, and what did I do? Yes, that's right, I ran from every one of them. This may sound like a cop-out, but what can I say? I'm shy. Especially when groups of people are about. Well, later that afternoon, I was just leaving my apartment to go to a meeting when I see them come up the steps. 2 people. One of whom I essentially avoided earlier that day. I think, uh-oh...there's no one else here...I can't just pretend like I didn't see them. They were coming from the direction where I was going. Almost laughingly, as if he knew I had avoided him at church, and knowing there was no other polite option than to greet him, he's like, "Hey, Erin..." He said some other things not important to the narrative, while all I could think was--"Aw, man! I'm caught!" while saying, "hey! how's it going?" as if nothing odd had happened earlier :D. As it stands presently, we're still not really friends and who knows what the next encounter will bring. My goal will be to become friends. The only thing really inhibiting it, is me, creo.

No comments:

Post a Comment