Wednesday, September 9, 2020

It's a Small World

I had a great weekend in Utah. Those mountains are something else. I miss it. I can still navigate around there better than I think I can here.

Crazy thing: I stopped by Temple Square to look around Sunday evening. As we were nearing the end of our loop, a couple was about to pass us by. The woman put on her sunglasses and mask, and at the same time I caught a glimpse of her face and trying to figure out if she was one of the twins I knew. She promptly took off her glasses and mask and said, "ERIN?!" It was my old boss from DC and her husband! They had recently landed, dropped their stuff in a hotel, and went to wander around downtown. We only talked briefly because one of the kids I was with was wanting to go home, but her husband said this is definitely one of the smallest world moments ever. For the next few hours we separately kept laughing incredulously at it. It made me so happy. Through text, we agreed to meet up when I'm back east again.

It's amazing, isn't it? God is so aware of us. My boss has been on my mind so much the past couple of weeks. Two of my friends, in separate occasions, have commented in response to that meeting that God loves me. Sometimes I wonder if I haven't ruined every chance for myself. I can have a chance meeting with a friend on the far side of the continent, but I can't find someone to yoke myself to.

I've decided that for the rest of this year, I will pray for whoever it is that God might have prepared for me to find me. That will be my expression of hope. God is a God of miracles, so I will pray for a miracle, and I will work on preparing myself to meet a man I can build an eternal marriage with.

Here's to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment