Saturday, January 19, 2019

Trust Fall

I was thinking today about when I went to SLC last month. I decided I was going to go and spend the night so I could see the lights and make a donation with the giving machine. It was last-minute and I hadn’t even asked anyone if I could stay with them. I got on the road and sent texts to friends when I stopped for gas.

It was pretty crazy, but it was for a good cause-ish. The point that I realized this morning was how I just acted without a second thought. I took a leap of faith, said a prayer that I would find someone to help me for the evening, and away I went. Heavenly Father helped me out.

Sometimes we just have to act and hope that He will help us on our way. We don’t need to wait until everything is settled—you’ll be waiting forever!

That being said, I was willing to act with Adam, and I can’t get those same feelings with this other guy. Will I ever have those feelings again, or is what I’ve got now the best I can do and hope that feelings will develop someday? I mean, this guy is interested in me—I don’t know why, but he is. Do I just need to take another leap of faith and hope Heavenly Father helps me find deeper feelings? ...eternity is a long time... grr. Adam! I want something like I had with him. Y’know, except for the part where he ghosted me. 💔 I’m still broken.

(Bonus, and I’m sure I mentioned this, but in Utah last month, I stayed with a friend that I REALLY needed to—I didn’t even know it. We had some great conversations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment