Monday, April 10, 2017

Rolling with Disappointment

One disappointment after another. I try not to focus on the bad, but it just seems like all of my hopes keep getting smashed.

I got a job offer, and I was confident that I would. However, it's a couple thousand dollars less than I thought it would be, and it's less than I made as a teacher in a rural town. It would also cost me more to commute to work. Additionally, the potential for raise is not all that great, as I understand. I'm still going to take it, because I can't seem to find anything better that is not teaching. Nadie me quiere.

I just. I want to find somewhere I belong. I want someone to come home to. I want long-term, but I feel like I'm doing everything all wrong. It's like I'm playing by the rules to a game that doesn't even exist. Everyone else is moving forward one way or another, and I'm spinning my wheels.

Let's not even get started on the munch & mingle yesterday. I...nope. Let's not. Just more disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the guests enjoyed it...but... nope.

I'm just really sad, and could use a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment