Monday, April 3, 2017

Long-distance Relationships: Worth It?

Sometimes I ask myself, why even bother? If I talk to a guy 2,000-4,000 miles away, will anything really come of it? Will they find the conversation worth it to stick around until one or the other can visit? Or is this dating app a tool to distract me from potential guys that are closer to home...y'know, the hordes that I have yet to find?

I need to learn to be patient in my life (apparently). Another thing to think about is this:

Spencer W. Kimball taught:

"[W]hile every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price."

So in theory, it doesn't really matter who I look to date/marry, so long as we have similar goals we want to work towards. (I'm thinking more of the eternal variety.) However, I'd like to be attracted to them, and want them attracted to me. Maybe that's too picky. *shrug*


No comments:

Post a Comment