I have decided to be more productive with my reading. I've been reading a lot, and a lot of what I've been reading has been hardly worth mentioning. There have been a few series that have hooked me and kept me up late finishing their books (Deborah Harkness, Karen Lynch, Quinn Loftis--just to name a few), but this post is all about Melissa Haag.
Clay's Hope was the first one I found and the synopsis piqued my interest, but the reviews ensured I'd download it. Everyone raved about this book, and explained how it was the companion to Hope(less), which was also free!
The Judgement of the Six series is about girls with unique
abilities, werewolves, and this elusive judgment. Although in the first book, Hope(less),
judgement waits in the wings.
There is a complete story-arc in each book, and an overall arc for the series. Each book only has one narrator--the companion novels are the men's perspectives and just as well-told--and they are woven together into a literary tapestry that carries you along this fight for balance among the creatures in the world.
As I continue the series, I am impressed with the planning Melissa has done even from the title of the first book. With the different perspectives, she does not tell the series in a linear way. She balances the characters and the stories so they are continually interacting with each other throughout, while maintaining a single narrator throughout each book.
Violence: Yes, mild in the first books.
Language: Clean
Romance: Yes, it's sweet. Some kissing and a bite near the end. (Mate claiming and all, no big.)
It is a young-adult paranormal romance series perfect for fans of Twilight and the Grey Wolves series.
The first book and its companion are free, so give it a shot. You'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to reading her other books once I finish the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment