Monday, December 19, 2011

Sing a song of joy

I went to the Christmas service in the spanish ward last night, and as I sat there listening to the primary sing my heart was filled with love and happiness. I thought to myself, how happy Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are when they hear such sweet innocent children sing songs celebrating the birth of Christ. That even the mas pequeno knows the story behind Christmas. I mean imagine how you feel when someone sincerely thanks you for something well done- be it through song or otherwise. I feel so happy that I don't care if it was long and hard, I'm just happy to have helped. On the other hand...when no one acknowledges the things i've done, it saddens me. I imagine it's similar with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Can you imagine the difficult task He had, as a Father, to send His Son down to what would ultimately be the worst suffering and death in the world? Then from Christ's view, leaving His Celestial home to suffer beyond what He could've imagined. Why? It's all for us. So that we may one day return to live with God again. So the joy that comes from seeing His children, even the smallest, singing their thanks for that great birth is a great present to give to them. I could feel their pleasure in it last night. You have a merry christmas- and take a few moments to remember what it's all about.

http://lds.org/bible-videos/videos/an-angel-foretells-christs-birth-to-mary?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment