Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Joy to the World

As I have been listening to a soundtrack of the Lamb of God, I am reminded time and time again of the greatness of the Gospel. The knowledge it brings of the love of God and Jesus Christ. For those of you unfamiliar with this work [I, sad to say, am very unfamiliar with who is performing it] but it is a wonderful arrangement of song and scripture reenacting the story of Christ's life, as taken from the gospels. The fulfilling of prophecies, the pain and struggles He went through, His triumph over death. Like the Bible, it comes from many peoples perspectives, Mary and Martha, Judas, Thomas, etc. It really brings that time to life.

As we pass from "the season of thanksgiving" to "tis the season", I am made ever more thankful for the season of Christ's birth. It brought hope to a dreary world. The signs were seen all over the world announcing His birth. Men traveled far to meet their King. The King of kings, and Lord of lords-- a small babe born in a lowly manger. The Savior of the world. I can't believe it happened all so long ago, because it feels so real. The effects of that Man's life are far reaching. I am thankful to those that lived and walked with Him. That they recorded their testimonies of His great and impeccable life. I know as sure as I live, that Jesus Christ lives. That He did suffer and bleed for us, not only on the cross, but in the garden of Gethsemane. He plead with our Father, taking upon himself the sins of the world. He died on the cross, gave up the ghost, so that He may rise. I know that He did rise again, on the third day. That He visited His apostles, and they bore record of his life, death, and resurrection. Then he went and visited the people in the americas so that they, too, might bear testimony of His gospel and resurrection. I know that He lives, still, today. That He loves each and every one of us. I am so grateful for the testimony that I have of that truth.

'Tis the season to remember Jesus Christ. Joy to the World, the Lord has come. and He will come again. We're still waiting for our King. When will he come?

No comments:

Post a Comment