Today I really noticed how even the little road bumps in our day can be smoothed over by trying our best to be obedient. I have been scrambling to get a school major change approved, and yes- I did procrastinate quite a bit, before time came for registration. Otherwise, I would not have been able to register. There I was, emailing back and forth, faxing information (that was not received), trying to call (but the numbers didn't match up to whom I was looking for), all to get the process started. Estimated time of completion, averaging 1-2 WEEKS! HOLY CONNOLI!
I bet you can just imagine those results of days that I was squandering time, not doing what I should have been...Let me just say, when I read my scriptures, that's when the email came, "what fax? We didn't receive any..."; did I mention that was a whole 5 DAYS after I sent it!? *ahem, yeah* I rush to resend the information, being only DAYS away from when registration opens and looking at a LONG approval process before any classes would be added to my name. And there's something of a domino effect when prerequisites are, well, required. It would be no big deal if I weren't on such a tight graduation schedule. Just thinking, "Ok, two weeks. That would be open registration to....everyone. How many GE classes are prereq.'s for my following semester? ...err..." and the way that they are, to get all my necessary classes I have very few actual choices because of timing. To lose those slots would put a kink in my future.
After resending everything, and hoping, and yes, quite a bit of praying as well, that everything was received...and thinking "how will I even know?" I thought/worried to myself, "Well, what can I do now? It's quite literally out of my hands." Let me tell you, obedience is key. Once we reach our limit, after all that we can do, there is someone who can always help to turn things in our favor, in both temporal and eternal sense. So long as we are obedient to the laws to receive such blessing. Yes, you named 'im; Jesus Christ. I was feeling good about my plans for the future, and recognizing where I needed to be better. Then acted on improving those areas. More sincere prayers, more willing to serve, reading/pondering the scriptures [not just pondering where on the shelf they were ;) ], opening my mouth and SHARING the gospel. Not only did my day go better, and my heart feel happier, but imagine my surprise when the NEXT DAY[!], being today, do I find in my inbox, patiently waiting for me, an approval for my major change. When can I register? Tomorrow, ON TIME! What a great blessing it is to know the gospel principles are true. That by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
Just do your best, and never lose hope. the gospel of Jesus Christ "un mensaje de paz y buena voluntad" [haha, I'm memorizing the Living Christ in spanish], but seriously, It's a message of hope. Without Him we'd never make it to the top. Even after doing all that we can do, we'd still fall painfully short. But, He is there to make up the difference. Hands outstretched to lift us up to a higher place. The blessings of being obedient also have a rippling effect, so "don't procrastinate the day of your repentance." Read the scriptures, say your prayers, go to church. Heck, go get baptized if you're not already [by one holding the proper authority of God. don't know who? I'll send someone over :) ]! I PROMISE YOU, your life will be so much more enriched.
No comments:
Post a Comment