I’m trying hard to not feel hopeless as I look for a job.
I’m trying hard to feel hope for me here in the west.
It’s hard.
My oldest sister did email me today, and complimented me on my dad’s obituary. She said, “It was really well done, and with a clear, compelling voice. These days, that is valuable.” It’s a silver lining to the day. I’ve been trying to make my resume reflect me, but there’s so much between the lines. None of my jobs fit me. I work well for them, but they don’t for me.
2017. The year of great possibilities. Also the year everything blew up in my face.
It’s interesting though, how even in the worst times, there is still good. For instance: a lot of people stepped up to help others last year. I’m sure there are also others who regret their behavior towards others last year. ...and sadly, I’m sure there are others who do not.
There is a increasing chasm between doers of good and evil. Reason is slipping through the cracks for some. We are in the last days of the harvest, and the tares are getting sifted from the wheat. The battle for our souls is on.
I was thinking yesterday at the immense joy I felt to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I didn’t celebrate with anyone, yet still felt great joy. It’s an event that took place 2,000 years ago, but it has relevance to me and you today. The Atonement of Christ allows us to repent and be cleansed, and the resurrection will allow each of us to reunite with our body after death. The reality of the events we commemorated are ever-present for me. I thought of how majority of conference messages touched on the LIVING Christ. He is risen, he lives, and HE STILL LEADS HIS CHURCH. Revelation still comes. I think that’s why I love conference so much. It shows the church is not just relying on 1,000+ year-old texts that have gone through various translations, teaching their own hot-take on the gospel. They are guided by God and speak some hard truths.
I tried to imagine what others congregations experience Easter Sunday. I’m sure they know He lives, but do they *really* know it? Do they get the implications of it?
I don’t know. But I’m glad for the restoration of the gospel and many plain and precious truths. Like the eternal plan for families. ❤️ We are meant for so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment