Meg Johnson shared a story last night of one of the hardest things she had to do: break an engagement.
To summarize: she felt she wasn’t supposed to marry him. As she was pondering, a scripture opened and confirmed her answer. She marked it up. Then she had a dream. Fast forward a few years.
Before she married her actual husband, she was pondering again if it was right, and she opened to the scripture she had highlighted long ago. She was reminded of the dream she had had that incited her to mark that scripture. In the dream were two men, one was her old fiancĂ© who she wasn’t supposed to marry, and the other was an unknown. At this stage she recognized him whereas at the time of the dream she hadn’t. He was her fiancĂ©. The man she was about to marry was the other man in that dream long ago.
She was grateful for that tender mercy.
It made me think of my own dream, and the man who still feels more right than anyone. The only problem is that he didn’t choose me. I need to have more faith in the Lord’s plan and timing for me.
Faith is to believe the principles, but conversion is to live the principles.
I’m continually striving to be more converted, though the past few months have been difficult for me. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the ability I have to repent and hope for brighter days.
❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment