Nothing comes easy. Be wary if it does.
That being said, I wish finding someone could be easy. haha.
I've been talking to someone in New Zealand just over two weeks now. ...why do I do this to myself? I mean, I want to date. I want to have someone to hang out with.
I couldn't make it work with a guy on the other side of the country, so why the heck do I think I'd be able to do it with a guy on the other side of the world?
He's a pretty awesome guy though. (That may seem a bit arrogant when I say this next part:) He's practically the male version of me.
hahahahahaha
Seriously, though. He is. So I don't know how we'd work even if we were in the same country.
I was talking to my sister last night about how we came to be so different from the rest of our family. She attributes her difference to her husband. She had certain expectations for her life, but she didn't have the knowledge or faith to fully understand them. He came along, was not a member, and while they were dating he eventually asked to take the missionary lessons. They've been growing in faith and knowledge together. A beautiful thing, really.
Me? My impetus came as a young child. I've always kind of done my own thing. Will I forever be on my own because I seem to learn best on my own? That seems sad. I want someone to have gospel discussions with. I mean, today I think I made some really cool connections, but I wanted to go through them with someone else...only there was no one available to talk about it with me. That seems to often be the case. I s'pose I could write them in my journal, but sometimes I get ahead of myself and forget to write things down, so the connections are lost. Plus, it's more fun sharing with someone else.
Maybe one day I'll have someone who is at least in the same time zone. ...or maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment