Well, it is what I would say to you if you were here... heh. :) I was just reviewing some of my previous posts and realize how much of what I write is in response to something I just heard. oh well :D
Today has been a really good day. Got to watch my little nephew, and got a lot accomplished at work. It's been busy, which is just what I need. Some of you may or may not be aware, but my birthday is fast approaching. There is a girl at work who seems to be more excited about it than I am. I was really excited to think I was going to get new dance shoes, which now I know isn't going to happen by my birthday. Instead, I get go out and buy the shoes and my parents will reimburse me. I'm buying my own present. To go with someone else and pick them out together would be more special, but because of schedules that won't be happening in the foreseeable future. Which begs the question: what's the point? Why make such a big deal about a day that's only special for you? My mom got upset with me for thinking like that.
As a kid it makes sense. You get to do things you don't usually do: Party, get new toys, eat cake, etc. Now, I get to go out when I want to, if I need something I buy it, desserts...well, one less never hurt anyone ;) ...I don't know. I guess it all comes down to, the only thing I have to look forward to this year is turning a year older. You can imagine why I don't feel so excited about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment