My sister sent us a picture of my niece playing in the creek by her house.
The joys of childhood.
It struck me, that I may never get to document children of my own growing up. I could see my sister and brother-in-law in her face. I could see her siblings. It’s a sense of family, growth, progress. It made me long for a life I don’t have.
Even still, the one job I’ve ever wanted was to be a mom. That’s the ultimate adventure.
This weekend, I’ll celebrate my mom and sisters. I’ll chat and sing with my nieces and nephews. We’ll do a paint night and have fun together. I’ll keep praying that I find someone whom I can truly love and picture spending eternity with. It’s just my luck that the one time that happened, it ended around this holiday, too, six years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment