Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life is Good

Y'know, when you take a moment to see the little things in life, you begin to realize how good it is. I got hugs from 2 customers within a week just for helping them find something (a record in my career). Or when my niece begged to have a sleepover in my room, then once we got her cot all set up she goes to grab my little card box that houses a mini Book of Mormon so we can read something together. Spending time with family, not doing anything in particular, but having the freedom to relax together. Another recent thing, I was helping a man who tried to make an inquiry in english, and it was so broken I couldn't begin to piece it together. All I knew was that he was looking for something in Arabic, that being his native tongue. Then, glancing at me from the side he asked, "parlez vous francais?" when I responded, "oui, un peu." he looked so relieved, and I helped him find what he was looking for that way. Something that transpired over the course of a few minutes made my whole week. There's also singing christmas songs while I work and seeing customers smile surreptitiously as they shop--it's all just good! I think I just really like putting smiles on peoples' faces.

Life has been so busy, but just recognizing the little things has helped me maintain a positive attitude through it all, I think. If only I could dance now... :P

'Tis the season to do something for someone else. A small little thing will make a world of difference. Try it and you'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment