As I was about to leave for work this morning I decided to open my scriptures and read at least one verse -- that would be my verse for the day. The pages opened and my eye fell to Alma 37:9.. hold that thought. I just spilt flower seeds all over my desk.
Ok, I'm back. So something that stuck out to me for a number of reasons was this:
yea, these records and their words brought them unto repentance; that is, they brought them to the knowledge of the Lord their God, and to rejoice in Jesus Christ their Redeemer.
Recently I've been wondering about the true nature of God. In my head I know Him, but in my heart... do I really understand? I feel like I've fallen out of touch with so many things that I don't even know where to start. This answered my question or doubt, if you will. The records being this, what we now have as the Book of Mormon, and their words, or their testimony. That is what brought them to a knowledge. Truth. Truth seeking, which invites the Holy Ghost, which then allows us to communicate with our Heavenly Father.
This is my first post, if you stumble across this blog, it's not by chance. I'll just be saying things I would have said if you had been here. A residual side effect of the mission I daresay. you accustom yourself to always be around someone and being able to say whatever comes to mind whenever. Those "little thoughts" that add a little life to your day... It was nice to meet you. Hasta entonces.
No comments:
Post a Comment